Tourist Guidelines

The part of Himachal Pradesh falling between the `Inner-Line’ and the International Border has been declared as a `Protected Area’. No foreigner can enter or stay in the protected area of the State without obtaining a permit from the competent authority. However, foreign tourists in groups consisting of two or more persons, duly sponsored by a recognized travel agency in India with a pre-dawn itinerary, can be allowed to visit the following places for 30 days.

Distt Kinnaur:-

Pooh Block:-

Sumra  ,  Shalkhar  , Chango  ,Nako,  Maling , Maling Dogri , Yang Thang  , Kaa  , Leo  , Hango , Chuling  , Hangmat  , Namgia  , Khab , Dabling  , Pooh  , Labrang (Pooh), Shayaso  ,Shunnam , Giabung  , Taling , Ropa , Rushkulang  , Nasang , Kanam  ,Labrang  , Spillow  , Moorang , Gramang  , Thobaring  , Khopka  , Shilling  ,Ruwang  ,Thangi , Lamber , Charang, Kunu,Lippa , Asarang.

ILP (Inner line permit):-

The fees for obtaining the Inner line Permit in e-Governance Centre is RS. 200/- per person and service charges are payable to particular travel agency.

Distt Lahul & Spiti:-

Spiti Sub Division:-

 Dhankar, Shichling, Poh , Tabo , Hurling , Lari, Gue , C.P. Samdo , Korik

The visit to the above-mentioned places is subject to the following conditions: –

    1. Military installations, field defences and other security establishments and locations overlooking these will be out of bounds. Photography of these areas will be prohibited.
    2. All persons moving in the notified area will be required to be in possession of a valid identity card and their movement will be regulated by the civil administration.
    3. No access on roads leading to Shipkila and Kaurik areas from NH-22 will be permitted.
    4. Duration of stay in the notified area will be regulated on a case to case basis.

A foreign tourist without a PAP can visit the following areas in the State:

  1. (i)Kaja
  2. Kaja-Kibbar-Prangla Pass -Baralacha-Keylong-Manali (for trekking)

The following authorities have been delegated powers to issue a Protected Area Permit (PAP) to organized foreign tourist groups after usual checks: –

  1. Ministry of Home Affairs
  2. Indian Missions abroad
  3. Government of Himachal Pradesh.
  4. DM/ADM or officer authorized by him at Shimla, Kullu, Lahaul & Spiti and Kinnaur
  5. SDM Shimla, Rampur, Kullu, Keylong, Kaza, Pooh, Kalpa and Bhavnagar.
  6. I.T.B.P.who may authorize an officer not below the rank of DSP level. A copy of the permit issued by the ITBP should be sent to DM/SDM concerned.
  7. Special Commissioner (Tourism) Govt. of Himachal Pradesh.
  8. Resident Commissioner/Dy. Resident Commissioner, Govt. of HP in Delhi
  9. DGP, H.P, Shimla.

For more information contact :-

District tourism officer (HAS)

Contact Number :- 01786-222253

Address – SDM  Office Kalpa at Reckong Peo Distt Kinnaur (H.P) 172107