The part of Himachal Pradesh falling between the `Inner-Line’ and the International Border has been declared as a `Protected Area’. No foreigner can enter or stay in the protected area of the State without obtaining a permit from the competent authority. However, foreign tourists in groups consisting of two or more persons, duly sponsored by a recognized travel agency in India with a pre-dawn itinerary, can be allowed to visit the following places for 30 days.
Sumra , Shalkhar , Chango ,Nako, Maling , Maling Dogri , Yang Thang , Kaa , Leo , Hango , Chuling , Hangmat , Namgia , Khab , Dabling , Pooh , Labrang (Pooh), Shayaso ,Shunnam , Giabung , Taling , Ropa , Rushkulang , Nasang , Kanam ,Labrang , Spillow , Moorang , Gramang , Thobaring , Khopka , Shilling ,Ruwang ,Thangi , Lamber , Charang, Kunu,Lippa , Asarang.
Distt Lahul & Spiti:-
Spiti Sub Division:-
Dhankar, Shichling, Poh , Tabo , Hurling , Lari, Gue , C.P. Samdo , Korik
The visit to the above-mentioned places is subject to the following conditions: –
- Military installations, field defences and other security establishments and locations overlooking these will be out of bounds. Photography of these areas will be prohibited.
- All persons moving in the notified area will be required to be in possession of a valid identity card and their movement will be regulated by the civil administration.
- No access on roads leading to Shipkila and Kaurik areas from NH-22 will be permitted.
- Duration of stay in the notified area will be regulated on a case to case basis.
A foreign tourist without a PAP can visit the following areas in the State:
- Kaja-Kibbar-Prangla Pass -Baralacha-Keylong-Manali (for trekking)
The following authorities have been delegated powers to issue a Protected Area Permit (PAP) to organized foreign tourist groups after usual checks: –
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Indian Missions abroad
- Government of Himachal Pradesh.
- DM/ADM or officer authorized by him at Shimla, Kullu, Lahaul & Spiti and Kinnaur
- SDM Shimla, Rampur, Kullu, Keylong, Kaza, Pooh, Kalpa and Bhavnagar.
- I.T.B.P.who may authorize an officer not below the rank of DSP level. A copy of the permit issued by the ITBP should be sent to DM/SDM concerned.
- Special Commissioner (Tourism) Govt. of Himachal Pradesh.
- Resident Commissioner/Dy. Resident Commissioner, Govt. of HP in Delhi
- DGP, H.P, Shimla.
For more information contact :-
District tourism officer (HAS)
Contact Number :- 01786-222253
Address – SDM Office Kalpa at Reckong Peo Distt Kinnaur (H.P) 172107